If you’re looking to add some extra light to your outdoor living space without worrying about power bills, solar spotlights are a great option.
They also provide great illumination for accentuating certain features in your house, patio, porch, yard, or gardens, like sculptures, plants, if there’s a tree, fountains, pool, lawn, walkway, driveway, pathway, garage, or signage.
These lists can go on but first, check out our roundup of the best solar spotlights on the market to find the perfect fit for your home.
Buyer’s Guide to Finding the Brightest Spotlight
What Are Solar Spotlights?
Solar energy is the most effective source of clean, green, and renewable energy that will never run out. Energy-efficient, safe, and reliable sources of power as long as there is enough sun. With that, getting a solar spotlight for yourself is never a bad idea.
You save energy while caring for the environment. Most of the solar spotlights today are designed the same as traditional spotlights. But with self-sufficient lighting units based on the photovoltaic effect.
The photovoltaic effect is the ability of certain surfaces to absorb light photons and release electrons. These released electrons are then transformed into an electric current which is later used as electricity. Most solar spotlights today are designed to utilize this effect to create self-sufficient lighting units.
A solar spotlight is a self-sufficient light that uses one or more LED lights and a rechargeable battery, power source comes from the solar panel made of different layers of material that trap light photons.
The solar panels absorb light photons during the day to be converted into electricity, which is stored in the cell battery. At night, the stored electricity is used to light the spotlight, depleting the power stored in the cell battery.
What Are the Advantages of Solar Spotlights?
Solar LED spotlights are a versatile and convenient option for both homeowners and businesses. Like any of the best outdoor solar pillar lighting, they provide illumination at night and can also be used to improve security and landscape aesthetics.
Solar spotlights are more effective than traditional spotlights and are a more environmentally and budget-friendly option. If your outdoor living space is well illuminated, burglars and other sort of threats will be less likely to try to break into your property.
Since solar spotlights are very compact and bright, they are easy to use in your garden at night to enhance its beauty. With landscape lights and garden lights, the people who live in the home will prevent incidents while walking pathways at night.
If you own a business that operates at night, solar spotlights will help your customers see where they are going and find your business. The spotlights will also make different areas of your business, such as the business sign, more visible at night.
What’s the Difference Between Solar and Traditional Spotlights?
Solar spotlights have many advantages over traditional spotlights. They are easier to install and maintain since they do not need wires, a fuse, or circuits. Solar lights also do not need constant maintenance.
As long as it’s sunny, the solar lights will be up every night. If you can afford the initial installation cost, a solar light might be a better choice.
Solar spotlights are initially more expensive to install than traditional spotlights. However, over time, solar spotlights have become more cost-effective. They are also eco-friendly.
Though it may not seem like much, if several people use solar LED light, the world will become a better place.
What To Consider When Buying Solar Spotlights?
There are many solar spotlights on the market today. The best solar spotlights offer a balance of brightness, battery charge time, run time, and quality. Some factors you should consider include:
You will need to estimate the area that needs light and buy enough spotlights to fill the area. An outdoor solar spotlight is not as bright as a traditional spotlight, but it is still reasonably brighter than the stars could put up.
In times of shopping, look for a spotlight brand that offers high brightness (in terms of lumens) and longer battery run time.
Solar spotlights use LED lights, which produce bright white light. If you want a different color, you’ll need to get spotlights with tinted covers. The best colors are “amber” or “soft white.”
If you don’t get enough sunlight where you live, buy spotlights with panels that come off the lights. That way, you can take the panel to the sunniest part of your garden to charge it up with no tools are needed.
The majority of solar spotlights are constructed with hardened plastic. However, a few are made with aluminum. Aluminum solar spotlights are more durable and resitant to elements than their plastic counterparts, but also come with a heftier price tag.
If properly taken care of, plastic solar spotlights can also have a long lifespan that can also turn into savings.
There is nothing better than a solar spotlight that comes in a complete package with all the needed item attachments, such as wall plugs, screws, and ground stakes. This makes the lights easy to install. Again, the lights should be easy to install with no complex operation.
The solar spotlight may have additional features such as different brightness modes, brightness regulation, an automatic on/off function, and a larger battery capacity. It is also an advantage if it is water-resistant and heatproof.
Even with all these features, the solar spotlight should still be affordable. When budgeting for this home improvement, consider how many pack of spotlights you need to fully illuminate your garden at night.
When considering a spot light, there are certain information and features that the product should have in order to be a good product. These features are not what makes a product better than others, but they are essential and should be expected.
If a product is missing one of these features, it is not worth considering.
- Going Wireless: It is 2022 and solar spot lights with wires running are out.
- Weatherproof: As spot lights are used outdoors, they should withstand the event of rain(IP65 or higher) and other weather conditions.
- Easy to assemble: The company shouldn’t be delivering products or items with parts that are too complicated.
- Look for lights that are easy to set up. This is not on the list because you will not be able to set up your lights, but because I know from experience that the more assembly that we have to do at home, the more room for error and issues there is, which diminishes the longevity of your lights.
- Sensor-activated: auto switch mode is a perfect revolutionary design. You don’t have to go outside to turn on your lights when it gets dark, especially for landscape lighting.
Best Solar Spotlights Reviews
The solar spotlights below were chosen based on their balance of features, durability, and price.
NekTeck 2-in-1 Outdoor Solar Spotlights
The NekTeck 2-in-1 Outdoor Solar Spotlights takes the first position. It’s all thanks to its simple but functional design. It is fitted with four built-in bright LED lights for maximum brightness.
The lights are encased in a reflective housing that further enhances the brightness. On a day’s charge, the lights can run for up to 10 hours. Though you can manually turn them on/off, the lights run automatically from dust to dawn.
The light is designed to light driveways, walkways, gardens, trees, and any other area in your outdoor space that needs lighting. It can also be used when camping. All thanks to its rugged construction and the fact that you can install it by sticking it on the ground.
- The unit sports relatively big solar panels allowing them to absorb maximum sunshine.
- It offers 200 lumen output LED lights to light your yard well at night.
- It offers 2-in-1 installation options where you can stick it into the ground or you can mount it on a wall using the provided screws.
- The solar panel is adjustable up to 90 degrees to capture maximum light and the lights are adjustable up to 90 degrees too for maximum illumination.
- You can adjust the brightness of the lights with the bright mode running for up to 6 hours and the dim mode running for up to 10 hours.
- The spotlight is designed compact for ease of installation and portability.
- Tinted options not available. There are only white and warm white options.
Solar Light Mart MINI 50X Twin Solar LED Spotlight
The Mini 50x is sold as a solar spotlight for modern homes. It sports twin 3W LED capable of lighting an entire yard. You can dim the lights if need be. Behind the LED lights are heat sinks that ensure the lights do not overheat.
This saves battery power and makes the lights function more optimally. The strong metal stakes allow you to mount the lights on a wall or on the ground with much ease.
- Each light fixture offers up to 100 lumens for brighter light at night. The light can further be tilted up to 45 degrees to cover a wider area.
- Besides lighting, the unit sports a cast aluminum black finish that adds to the beauty of your yard.
- Each unit comes with a large remote 3WP solar panel with a Lithium battery for enhanced performance and longer run time.
- The unit allows three levels of brightness and can run up to 15 hours on full charge.
- With two-way mounting, you can highlight any aspect of your yard with ease. Either mount it in a wall secured with screws of mount it on the ground.
- It is designed compact for easy installation and movement from one area to another.
- The aluminum housing enhances the lifespan of the lights making them more durable and more resistant to breaks.
- It comes with a premium price which might not be affordable for some, especially if you have to buy a couple of light.
LITOM 12 LED Solar-Powered Spotlight
No products found.
The Litom solar spotlight is great for a spotlight that lasts for longer. It features 12 LED lights making it brighter than most other lights. It also offers a wider 120-degree adjustment angle, allowing you to illuminate specific areas in a home.
The light can be used for your garden, walkways, driveways, garage, and front porch among others. Thanks to its waterproof casing and its compactness, the unit also come in handy for camping.
It can also be used to alarm burglars with an intent to break into your home. You can buy it as a 2-pack or four-pack unit.
- You can adjust the brightness of the lights. In dim lighting mode, the lights can run for 12 hours and in bright light mode, it can run for 6 hours.
- It offers two installation options where you can stick it on the ground or you can mount it on a wall. All the necessary accessories for installation are offered.
- The unit is offered at a great price with no compromises on quality.
- It is designed with a waterproof housing to resist all elements outdoors. The unit is also designed rugged for durability.
- The high-impact ABS plastic sports a beautiful black finish that adds to the beauty of your outdoor living space.
- While the unit will last for years, the outer housing is plastic and not resistant to breaks on falling.
- Granted, you have to take good care of it.
- The spotlights are only available in white light.
There are many different options and brands of solar spotlight available on the market, so it can take some time to figure out which one is the best to buy. Take into account the above features in this content and do not rush when making orders or purchases.
Some units come with more than 10 LED lights, making them last a lot less at night as the lights consume more power. If these are to last as long as those with 4 LEDs, they come with bigger batteries which means a heavier unit. Being the brightest and longest-lasting are not the only two factors to consider.
The NekTeck 2-in-1 Outdoor Solar Spotlights is one of the best-LED spotlights on the market. It is bright, long-lasting, and easy to install. The battery runs for up to 10 hours, and the spotlight has a wide 90-degree adjustment angle.
The NekTeck 2-in-1 Outdoor Solar Spotlights is a great choice for anyone looking for a high-quality LED spotlight. When you go to the store to shop for a new solar spotlight, be sure to look for one that is bright and will run all night long.
It is important to find a unit that fits into your budget and will last for a while. Only purchase units that are ready-to-use and only require mounting.