Solar shed lights are an ideal choice if you want to light up your shed, indoors or outdoors. These lights utilize the power of the sun to illuminate the shed, garage, deck, yard, lawn, and patio.
Just modern technology and a rechargeable battery, no electrical wiring, no external source of power, and no power bills. A good quality solar light will help you lower energy costs each month and turn them into savings.
Things to Consider When Buying Best Solar Shed Lights
Aside from the brand itself, these are the lists of things that were taken into account for this review. When buying solar shed lights, it is important to consider and keep in mind the following:
Safety and Durability of the Solar Lights
Safety is always a top priority when buying solar shed lights. Always check the track record and credibility of the brands’ manufacturer before buying solar lights for sheds.
If the LED lights get easily damaged it can be dangerous for everyone around. Always ensure that the lights that you choose are long-lasting and of good quality.
Type of Light Required
One of the important factors that you need to consider when making the choice of shed light is the type of light required in the shed. The type of light you will need will depend on the work you plan to do in the shed and if it has other departments that need lighting.
If you want light in the shed only to keep it well lit, you will require a medium type of light. If you plan to use the shed for any work, you will require bright light. When calculating how much light you will require, you will need to look at lumens.
The total amount of visible light that is produced is measured in lumens. When the number of lumens is higher, more light is produced. The recommended lumens of brightness for shed light are 150 – 300 lumens.
Type of Solar Panel
Choose the type of solar panel that best suits the weather in your region. If your region gets many cloudy days and high possibilities of rain, you should consider a larger photovoltaic panel. This will help you get the most sunlight.
The panel can be wired to a battery storage system. This will power the solar lights. The size of the battery will depend on the number of lumens you will need for the shed lighting system.
Size of the Shed
The size of the shed is another important factor that you need to consider. If the shed is large, you will need a bigger light to keep your company. For small areas, you can opt for solar light kits that are appropriate.
Hours of Charge and Operation
The number of hours needed to completely recharge the batteries is to be taken into consideration when choosing shed lights. Some products require bright sunlight to recharge fully whereas others will be able to recharge even in cloudy weather conditions.
Most shed lights automatically switch on at dusk and switch off at dawn. The hours of operation will depend on the capacity of the batteries. The new generation of batteries is able to hold a charge longer.
Different Types of Shed Solar Lights
The two basic types of shed solar lights are the separated solar panel and the integrated solar panel. Both these solar panels use the sun to produce energy but produce light differently.
Separated Solar Panel
Separate solar panels have two or more individual components. The waterproof panel that converts the sun’s energy into electricity is connected by a detachable cable to a LED light fixture.
The light fixture houses the controller and rechargeable batteries. The fixture has an on/off switch and light sensor. Some may have a motion detector and a brightness switch.
The individual components make this an ideal system for illuminating a shed. The solar panel is mounted outside to maximize solar energy conversion. The LED fixture can be installed outside if all the components are waterproof.
Integrated Solar Panel
An integrated solar panel includes a controller, rechargeable batteries, an LED array, and a panel. The solar panel that is made up of solar cells should be water-resistant or waterproof with at least an ip65 rating.
An on and off switch, a brightness switch, a motion detector with sensitivity adjustment, and a light sensor are some of the components that help control illumination.
Solar Motion Lights
Motion sensors detect any kind of movement. This is done by projecting an infrared light. When someone or something enters the scanned area, the motion sensor is tripped. This brings it to life, activates the light and it illuminates the area where it is used. The sensors optimize the potential of LED Lights.
Best Solar Powered Shed Lights Reviews
Quick Take: OUR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR Solar Powered Shed Lights
The solar panel lighting for sheds gives you the convenience and flexibility to light any needed area in your home or barn. It comes with a 16-foot extension cord, the solar panel can be placed where it’ll get the most sunlight and the solar shed light can be installed at a distance or any location where it’s needed most.
The solar lighting for sheds gives the brightest, clearest illumination in an area to provide a secure and safe area to work in. The long-lasting solar light provides 100,000 hours of the bright LED light. The LED bulbs provide many years of service without you having to replace the bulbs.
- The L-149 LED shed lighting has two operation modes. 10 LEDs mode for full brightness and 5 LEDs more for half brightness. The 10 LEDs work for two hours and 5 LEDs for 4 hours. This makes it an ideal choice for your garage, home, or workplace.
- The solar panel is available with a user-friendly 16-foot extension cord. The extension panel enables the solar panel to be placed in any direction where you get maximum sunlight.
- No need to drill a hole, mount the solar lights right at the door, a pole, roof, wall sign, or any side. The lights can be mounted 16 feet away from the solar panel with the help of the extension cord.
- If you have a large shed, then 30 lumens will not be enough to illuminate the entire place.
- The mounting base of this item has limited flexibility.
The solar light for sheds works both indoors and outdoors. You can use these solar lights to light up your home and garden. The solar-powered LED light is ideal for lighting up the outdoor space to make you feel more secure. It can be used to accent and illuminate the garage, trees or your home
- The solar light has four bright LED bulbs. The natural white glow is perfect for illuminating different areas of the house, such as the patio, porch, and pathways.
- The versatile design comes both with a pull cord and remote control. They can be used to turn the light on and off. The on/off pull string unit is long-lasting and easy to use.
- A full charge is achieved within 6 – 8 hours. The fully recharged battery provides 12 hours of continuous lighting.
- The stainless-steel design and construction of the solar light make it way more sturdy. This model has a sleek design and a black color finish that works well in a lot of different settings.
- The extension cable is included with the solar light. You will also be able to get a 9.8 feet extension cable.
- In spite of the bright illumination, the solar light kits for sheds are not the biggest in size. They are not an ideal choice for large sheds.
The natural white-colored solar shed lamps are ideal for illuminating the shed, garage, balcony, deck, porch, and pathways. The installation of this product is easy. All that you need to do is to keep the solar panel to shed light in an area where it will receive bright sunlight. The solar-powered pendant light work well both indoors and outdoors.
Note: The kit’s content, solar panel, and connecting cable can be waterproof, but please do not use it under water.
- The solar light automatically turns on at dusk and turns off at dawn. The sturdy manual switch makes it easy to turn the power on and off.
- The 2000 mAh lithium, 6 volts battery charges automatically when the solar panel is placed in bright sunlight. The shed light works up to 10 hours on a full recharge.
- The rugged construction and design of the solar light enable it to work efficiently even in tough weather conditions.
- The lengthy extension cable allows you to place the solar panel where there is maximum sunlight.
- Some hardware comes damaged
- It’s not the best choice if you want something that will offer a complete blackout to permit you to sleep throughout the day
The hanging solar powered LED shed light is an ideal source for illuminating the shed, garage, patio, porch, and pathways. The hanging light has an adjustable wire and chain. The solar light is easy and fast to install. No electrical access is required, perfect for DIY lighting projects.
- The key chain remote control enables you to turn on the light before you enter the shed or garage. The remote control can be used to set the brightness of the LED lights. You can select a high brightness setting for two hours and a low brightness setting for eight hours.
- The solar light requires no wiring. The solar panel should be placed in bright sunlight so that it gets recharged fully. The continuous runtime is eight hours when the battery is fully recharged.
- The adjustable length of the chain and wire is 7 – 32 inches. This allows you to place the solar light on a high or low ceiling.
- The solar panel should be kept in a sunny environment for it to be fully charged. The battery is not charged properly in cloudy weather conditions.
Buying solar shed lights is a smart choice for your shed and garage. These shed lights are low-cost, reliable, energy-efficient, and require less maintenance, saving you a lot of money. Solar shed light reviews will help you make an informed choice.
Designers Edge (L-949) Solar Shed Lights is our top recommendation when it comes to solar power shed lights. Kyson Solar Lights, and Solar Powered Led Shed Light are good upgrade options.
FEIFEIER Solar Power LED Bulb Lamp is a good value option as they are 100% solar-powered and don’t require any external power source or batteries to store power. Nature Power (21030) Solar Powered LED Shed Light provides bright solar lighting for sheds on a budget.