Solar Lights have gained immense popularity over the years, and for obvious reasons. They use a renewable source of energy; the sun, and keeps your house bright and visible during the darkness of the night. They are environmental-friendly, portable, and cost-effective.
Below, we have listed the top five solar lights that you can use for your chain link fence. You will find lights that will fit over the fence posts and also the ones you can screw in on the holes of the chain. Also, check the top 7 wall fence lighting ideas for other ways to light up your fences.
Top Picks Solar Lights for Chain Link Fence
How To Choose the Best Solar Lights for Your Needs?
To find the right solar fence lights for your yard, below are some of the points that we think will help you choose the product that perfectly is appropriate for your requirements. We researched excessively and concluded that most users judge these five aspects before buying a solar light for their place.
Since the solar lights will be placed outside and exposed to all types of conditions, make sure they are made from high-quality materials. Most units have stainless steel or ABS construction which has been proven to be reliable and sturdy.
Furthermore, note if the unit has any waterproof rating or other protective measures. This will keep your lights protected during extreme weather conditions.
Ease of Installation
Another thing to evaluate when looking for solar lights is how to attach solar lights to fence or how easy it is to install them. Hence, this will allow you to cut down on the expenses as you will not need an expert to set them up in place.
Opt for solar lights that do not have wiring. Most solar lights can be attached to the fence using double-sided tape or a few screws.
The Intensity of Light
Most people install solar lights on their fences for security purposes. The most efficient type of lights would be the ones that can illuminate everything in closed vicinity.
You can judge the brightness of the product by inspecting its lumens. It is the quantity of light that a particular source emits per unit of time. The more the lumens, the brighter the light will be.
Also, read the product specifications as well as user reviews to find out how long the solar lights will be functional. You do not want lights that dim away during the middle of the night, now do you?
Check the number of hours that the lights take to recharge. Most units take almost five hours or less to fully charge and perform for the right to 12 hours during the night.
The Number of Lights in a Set
You need to decide how many lights you need for your fence. Do you want to cover every post of the fence with light or do you want it at intervals? You should search for solar lights only after coming to this particular decision.
As you might have noticed in the above reviews, each set has a different number of lights. So, this factor is important.
The Dimensions of the Lights
If you are buying solar lights that fit on top of the fence posts, then you need to measure the diameter of your fence and then find lights that will fit firmly over them.
Chain Link Fence Solar Light Reviews
Best Overall Solar Lights for Chain Link Fence
JSOT’s 6-Pieces Solar Lights have IP55 waterproof protection, ABS construction, a removable lampshade, and easy installation.
- These are perfect for anyone who wants extra bright lights. Each of these six units has nine LEDs and has a cool white emission so that you get the protection and security you need.
- They can light up for 8 consecutive hours without needing any recharge which is sufficient enough for the entire night.
- There is no wiring involved and you can set up all the lights on your own. However, just make sure that the units are under direct sunlight as overcast can disrupt their charging ability.
APONUO’s 16-Pieces Solar lights are ideal for almost any kind of chain fence. The 16 pieces are more than enough for any sized house. Moreover, they have a pretty easy installation method. All you have to do is use double-sided tape or a screw.
- Each solar light contains three lumens so that you get a warm yet white-colored glow that spreads all across the fence and its vicinity throughout the night.
- The best thing is that the unit is pretty easy to install. There is no wiring at all. Just pull the insulator sheet and put it in place using a two-sided tape or a screw.
- The lights take only 4-5 hours to fully charge and they automatically turn on as soon as the sunsets.
RooPure’s 4-Pack Solar Lights are perfect if you want solar lights for security purposes only. Loaded with many other features lie the PIR Motion detector, 2 lighting modes, IP65 waterproofing, and stainless steel construction.
- With stainless steel built, the solar lights are perfect to make it through any terrible weather condition.
- It has an IP65 waterproof rating so that further helps to keep it safe from water and any other kind of damages.
- It features a PIR motion detector that can detect movements in the vicinity of 20 feet/6 meters at an angle of 120 degrees. The additional two LED chips make the area visible at an entire 180-degree angle.
- The lights have two modes; a dim light mode when the motion sensor is not activated, and a bright light mode that activates as soon as the motion sensor detects someone approaching the fence.
- It takes 4-5 hours to charge fully and can provide you with light for almost 12 continuous hours.
Classy Caps’ CH2233S are ideal for folks under a tight budget. They fit perfectly over six standard fence posts, provide sharp and excellent light and give you 12 hours of continuous light.
- They emit a sharp brilliant white light which is sufficient enough to keep everything bright and visible around your house’s borders throughout the night.
- These light have 5 lumens so that you can get high performing products that remain on for 12 hours.
- They come with 2/3 AAA Ni-MH batteries that further help to enhance their reliability as well as durability.
- They can fit over 2” or 1-7/8”, 2 – 3/8”, 2. 5”, 2-7/8”, and 3” diameter standard chain link fence posts.
iGlow’s 12-Pack Solar Lights are weather-resistant, small, yet long-lasting. However, due to their limited versatility.
- The solar lights come with pre-installed AA batteries that are rechargeable and give you a total of 100,000 working hours before needing to be discarded.
- With an automatic sensor, all of the 12 lights are turned on simultaneously as soon as the sun disappears from the horizon.
- They are weather protected so they can survive rain, snow, high temperature, or any other extreme weather conditions.
- It takes only a few minutes to install. There is no wiring involved and all the attachments parts are included in the package.
- However, the lights only fit over 5” x 5” posts so you need to measure the size of the posts before investing in these lights.
Solar lights for chain link fences are a smart choice if you are looking for a low-cost yet efficient option. Furthermore, these lights are easily installed, small, and eco-friendly.
For us, JSOT’s 6-Pieces Solar Lights are the best solar light set that you will find on the market. It has exceptional waterproofing, robust construction, and a removable lampshade. We loved APONUO’s 16-Pieces Solar Lights just as much because it is the easiest to install.
Also, it is a 16-pieces set so you will have enough lights to put all over your fence. No matter which product you choose, just ensure that you check the number of lights in the set, its durability, performing duration, battery recharge time, and the lumen level.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How many lumens do you need for bright solar lights?
The majority of solar lights have lumen outputs that range anywhere from one to thirty, on average. As was just discussed, the number of lumens directly correlates to the amount of light emitted by the source.
2. Can a solar light catch fire?
Yes, solar lights can catch fire. However, the risk is relatively low. All you have to do is make sure that you do not opt for the cheap options.
When it comes to battery-powered appliances, it is better to buy from a reputable company and ensure that the battery is high-quality materials so that it does not combust during high temperatures.
3. Are solar lights worth the money?
Yes. They are not powered by electricity, are very portable, and have a very tiny footprint. Therefore, the only costs that you will be responsible for are the initial cost of purchase as well as the infrequent expense of maintenance (mostly just buying new batteries).
4. Is it OK to leave solar lights out in the winter?
You can, in fact, keep the solar lights turned on throughout the whole year. Because they can only generate electricity when exposed to sunlight, it is fine to leave them outside even when the temperature is subzero.